Monday, February 2, 2015

#Microblog Monday--Happy Imbolc

Happy Imbolc.

According to my Facebook feed our general celebration of Groundhog's day is from this ancient holiday.

For a while I made certain to celebrate the pagan holidays as I did my own Jewish Holidays.  Partially because D resonated more with paganism, partly because, hey who doesn't like Samhain? (aka Halloween)

I want Lotus to understand many religions--not just Judaism. I want her to find her own path to the Devine however she chooses. I get terrified when I read things like about losing your child to religious fundamentalism. I feel that Gd, or the Devine, or whatever you want to call her, is big enough to let everyone in. I hope I pass that along to my daughter.

2 comments:

  1. I learned something new today. And now, off to Google Imbolc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah me too. Need to look up Imbolc. I like your philosophy of introducing your daughter to all religions. In India we have people following many many religions living together in such close proximity that the children get to see and experience it all first hand. Such a blessing that is.

    ReplyDelete