Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Five--Five Favorite Current TV Shows


I love television.

I admit I have watched my share of crappy reality shows. However right now I truly believe we are living in a golden age of television. I believe that in about a decade or less, college students will be watching full series of these shows as literature and be asked to comment about the themes. Anyway for my Friday five here are my favorite shows--they are currently on now--or waiting for the next season. 

1) Scandal
I LOVE my Shonda Rhimes. I love Kerry Washington. I love all the acting in this show. I love it that I can't watch it and tweet. I can't watch it with the computer on my lap. I have to pay full attention.  

2) Grey's Anatomy
Did I mention how much I love my Shonda Rhimes? Grey's has not been as even a ride as Scandal. I have gone large chunks of various seasons without seeing them and not even getting caught up later. That being said, recently Grey's has has a rebirth. I miss Christina, but I am still invested enough in the characters to watch. 

3) Agent Carter
The newest show on this list. I love watching a 40's era woman kick some serious ass!

4) Downton Abbey
I know it is not as good as previous seasons. I know it is kinda weepy. I know. I know. I know.  That being said I love Dame Maggie Smith. I was lucky enough to see her onstage in Lettice and Lovage. She is one of my favorite actresses and I would probably line up to hear her read the London Underground map. 

5) Game of Thrones
Peter Dinklage. Enough Said. 

Runners Up:

  • How To Get Away With Murder--If the rest of the cast was as good as Viola Davis it would be on here. 
  • Castle--This season has not been as good. In fact calling it pretty bad wouldn't be overstating. I'm hoping they can get their act together. It is a comedy. Don't put all this high drama into it--that's what Thursday Nights are for. 
  • Doctor Who. I do not like the 12th doctor. I miss my Matt Smith.
  • Mad Men
So what am I missing?



No comments:

Post a Comment