Sorry about the blog hiatus.
Back to school + needy child + Back to school teacher hubby + High Holy Days = blog hiatus.
Anyway I'm back.
I don't do new year's resolutions. Or at least, not on January first.
I do them around this time of year. The High Holidays.
I'm a submarine jew and this is one of the times I surface.
I spent Monday in temple. I spent Tuesday in thought and quiet prayer. And playing with the child I prayed so long for.
What do I want to change next year?
Well, with my career...
- I don't know where my career is and where it is going. I want to change that. I have a contract position, but I don't know what happens when it ends.
- I want to blog more.
- I want to finish the last revision (I swear it--until I get an editor anyway) and send my novel to an agent.
With my friends...
- I want to start seeing friends instead of texting them and messaging them where practicable. In this past year I met a lot of people I only "knew" online. I enjoyed it. I want to keep doing this.
- Barring that I will use my cell phone the way Jobs intended--as a freaking phone where I can hear a friend's voice, and not just imagine it via text.
- I will also go out of my way to start meeting some of the parents of the children I hear my daughter mention often. Okay maybe not the one who tried to push her down the slide, but the one she plays with every day.
With my family...
- I will try to remember how damn lucky I am to have the family that I have.
- I will try to be more patient with my daughter. That doesn't mean giving in to her every desire, but allowing her to bitch and moan when I don't.
- I will find a babysitter (two hopefully) that I trust as much as I trust the daycare teachers. D and I need to get out alone now and again.
- I will listen to the doctors regarding my blood sugar and getting it down.
- I will have a mammogram in the next month.
- I will try to exercise more--maybe playing tag or ball with my daughter more.
- I will learn to ask for help--ideally before I break down screaming that no one will help me.
To all--I wish peace, love, health and joy in the coming year.