Monday, February 19, 2018

I'm hoping this time it is different

Another school shooting.

I've talked about my feelings here and that was nearly three years ago.

I'm heartbroken for the parents. I'm heartbroken for the kids.

But I have to say that this time I have hope.

The students of the school have decided that they are tired of waiting. They are organizing walkouts. They--the ones who will be old enough will be voting this November on an anti-gun platform. I'm quite proud of them. I'm hopeful that maybe this will change.


3 comments:

  1. I found the news reel of one of the mothers screaming and howling in the street to be the most harrowing and moving thing I've seen in a long while: I hope trump did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to edit that to have a capital T but, no: small t is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The students have had coverage here too, and I salute them. I cannot understand how people who vote for politicians who accept money from the NRA could ever profess shock or sadness over these mass shootings, without feeling they had a part in it, and share in the culpability.

    สวา

    ReplyDelete