Monday, January 1, 2018

Microblog Monday - 2018, the blank page

Happy New Year.

I'm up way too fucking early because my darling daughter climbed into our bed and had decided that I was snoring too loud. I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.

Last night we did our typical New Years Eve thing. This involves me cooking a 5-star dinner (though I will admit it was a 4 star one as the 5 year old had no desire for much of it.), putting child to bed and then watching the ball drop.
Oh, and for those who were bitching about Mariah Carey--I live 50 miles from Times Square. It is fucking cold here and last night it was 8 degrees. There is no one on the planet who can sing amazingly when it is 8 degrees. But I digress.

I'm not making resolutions. They don't generally work. Hell, I was looking at the things I wanted to do at Rosh Hashanah and I haven't gotten on top of that. I read this article about resolving a month at a time. I think that might be the way to go. So I'm going to list my goals for January, February, and March here.

January
Set up a working Work-From-Home routine.
As Lotus has half day kindergarten, and I've been out of work,  I decided to work from home (tutoring and free-lancing) until at least June.  Some days I'm good, some days I'm not. I will figure this out and work on it.

February
Fitness
This is the month to join the Y. Let's hope it works.

March
Social Media
Tame it to normal levels.


I think one a month might help. I hope so.

Wishing you all a happy 2018.


6 comments:

  1. One thing that helps me a lot with the work at home routine is to have a moment that I enter "work." So it's not just sitting down at the desk and starting. I sit down and play a two minute video of a river on the Do Nothing app, and when it's done, I start working. I read an article years ago about setting up a "doorway" that lets your brain know that you are now at work and this is not the time to read blogs or surf the web. It really does work if you keep it consistent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing. That's exactly what I have been doing before I start writing though unknowingly. And it works.

      Delete
  2. Realistic goals always work. And month by month seems a good way to take things forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea! It feels so much more do-able than one big goal to stretch throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Month by month seems a much better idea. Changing everything at once is way too overwhelming! Good luck for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Y is awesome (at least my branch is). I've been a member since I joined to rehab a broken arm in 1999. Everyone I see there - trainers, staff, and other members - is wonderfully encouraging and accepting. I hated gym class with a burning passion (something to do with the bullies being armed and the teacher not caring...), but after a few months as a member of my Y, I realized I love working out. It's great for mind-clearing.

    ReplyDelete