Monday, May 15, 2017

Microblog Monday - Up Late

So this will be short.

I was up late last night.  Until somewhere past 2:00 am.

No, not with Lotus.

With Lotus' godmother.

We went to visit my sister by another mother yesterday. She's my daughter's godmother. I'm her daughter's godmother. She pushed me to go out with D. I introduced her to her husband. She is my person.

We went to her house and were thinking of doing wonderful things. And  we did.
We hung out.
We talked.
Our husbands went to bed.
We talked.
And talked some more.

With all the texting and Facebook updates and Twitter feeds I needed to just hang out and talk with my closest friend.
And I am so grateful I did.

When was the last time you just hung out with your friends?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like bliss. It's been far too long since I've hung out with my person (or any person, for that matter). I should probably do something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something so soul-filling about talking into the night with a good, longtime friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a few weeks ago over ice cream. It's so good when you get that time to connect face-to-face.

    ReplyDelete