Monday, August 7, 2017

Considering the Game--of Thrones --Microblog Monday

This is not a spoiler filled thing on last night's Game of Thrones episode.

However if you haven't watched Season Seven- Episode 3 "The Queen's Justice" there are spoilers. You're warned.

Cersei Lannister is a bitch. Actually that's too nice. She's is a harpy. Actually that's too nice but you get the idea.

Do not f**k with Cersei Lannister because she will kill you in horrible ways. This is truth. Plain and simple.

On the episode in question, Cersei now has custody of the woman who callously murdered her daughter. In her revenge, Cersei gives the daughter of the woman poison--forcing her mother to watch as her daughter dies.

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

And yet.

I have a daughter.
I love her more than my own life.
I would give that life for hers without a moment's hesitation or thought.

If someone killed her and I had that someone in my custody--all bets are off. I have a good imagination and I would put it to horrific use to make sure that the person or people responsible suffered as much as I was.

D thinks I don't have it in me. He was amazed that I could think this about myself. Maybe he's right. Maybe my inherent fairness would allow me to give up justice. I also have a problem about making an innocent suffer for the sins of the mother. I give kudos to Lena Headey's amazing acting. She made me feel sorry for Cersei as well as horrified.

And I thought of the people who have lost children to the unspeakable. The parents who sent a child to school and wound up picking them up at the morgue due to the ease of which we have access to guns. That they get up every morning is amazing to me. I think we owe it to the memories of their children to make the world a little safer.

Now let's talk about dragons.




3 comments:

  1. Exactly! I said to hubby that while I don't want to see anything go right for Cersei, this was the one thing I couldn't take issue with. The fact that Ellaria (woman who killed Cersei's daughter) involved her daughters completely in her plans made me feel they were as culpable as her, so the revenge was perfectly justified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you kill a child though, so that the mother could feel the same grief you did? I would like to doubt that. Also, I'm reliably informed that revenge never delivers the degree of satisfaction that you might think it would. But I can understand the instinct for it.

    I'm loving GOT this season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... I've jumped down to here as we don't get Foxtel and I haven't watched any of the latest season yet... will have to wait for DVD. No doubt I'll probably have heard all about it by then, but I'm keeping away for as long as I can!! I didn't start watching until season 5 had been out, and then I binge watched all seasons up to and including 5 during school holidays. Then had to wait for 6 on DVD, now 7!!

    ReplyDelete