Monday, January 30, 2017

Microblog Monday - Defying belief

I am a Jew.
I am now hated by the person who is commander in chief.
   Don't think to tell me about how his son-in-law is Jewish and his daughter is a Jewish by choice. If the President really cared about jews he would not have made a Nazi his chief advisor.

I am scared.
I am terrified.

I am holding my child close because I worry that someone will say she is an undocumented immigrant.

I am encouraged by the protesting.  there was no organized German Resistance to Hitler.

I am encouraged that I am not alone.

I am scared however that one man will destroy in less than four years what took over 225 years to build.


3 comments:

  1. As a friend on FaceBook said the day after the election (oh, and she happens to be a childhood friend of my 35-year-old daughter): I will be there for you when the shit goes down. We will win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrified now too and I'm not Jewish. I'm terrified of what this man and his administration of Alt Right Supremacists are capable of. I'm equally terrified of the people telling us, "Oh you're just being dramatic. He's really a good guy who will restore our country."

    ReplyDelete