Thursday, April 28, 2016

Picture it--Long Island in the '80s

Yeah, I know, blame it on the fact that I've been watching way too many Golden Girls reruns...

But seriously

Long Island.
1988
I was on my high school's cross country track team.
I didn't run very fast but I liked it.

Two of the people on the track team were twins. Identical. I'd be lying if I said I could tell them apart.
They were funny and always kind to me.

I found out today that one of them committed suicide.

I hadn't thought of either of the twins for decades, and yet I feel terrible.  I remember that smile. I remember how they used to go as each other for Halloween.

And yes, I think of the Weasley twins --as they were both redheads.
I think about the surviving twin and how he won't be able to make a patronus, and how every mirror is the mirror of Erised.

Wind to thy wings Charles. The world is less bright without you in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment