Monday, January 8, 2018

Oprah 2020


So, this was Oprah's speech at the Golden Globes yesterday.

I've heard a bunch of people saying that this might have been a speech to launch her presidential campaign for 2020.

I would vote for her.

Unfortunately that doesn't quite pack the punch it should. I mean if it turns out that the current occupant of the White House doesn't get impeached or resigns or something I would vote for Oprah's cat or dog before I would vote for him.

I am concerned that it will take generations to restore the country to what it was.

But I will be kind.
I will listen.
I will be the change I want to see in my country.

I hope.

That being said, when Oprah Winfrey can deliver a speech that makes me cheer. I would definitely like to see her more politically involved.

4 comments:

  1. As much as I love Oprah as a television personality, I wouldn't want her to be president. She has never held public office. She has never worked on policy. If she ran for state or local government first, absolutely. But I am really freaked out by this trend of people who have no clue how government works saying they are going to throw their hat in the ring to run the country. It didn't work for Republicans (clearly), and I'm not sure why Democrats would attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must listen to the speech. Get her politically involved, but I think I'm with Mel in terms of whether she should run or not. But as you say, her cat or dog would be better than the current incumbent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you--would vote for Oprah's cat or dog. As for an Oprah presidency, I think the idea is that any thinking person can do far better than the current occupant. Oprah, while not having political experience--in terms of an office--has a lot of knowledge and experience that would be valuable for the role of president. I would argue, too, that she is far more (complex) than a "television personality."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Oprah and the speech was great. But I would rather have someone with a political background as our next President. I understand your sentiments though. :)

    ReplyDelete