Monday, November 21, 2016

Microblog Monday - Though I don't like it, I stand with you

I have made no secret of the fact that I do not like the President Elect.

I am terrified of him as President. I think that the entire country is in for a very hard next four years.

There are things that he is doing that is concerning me. Having his daughter in on national policy meetings--is one. I am very concerned about his choice of cabinet members.

However, I do not give a flying fuck that his family will not be joining him at the White House at least until June. Mainly because I think that Melania Trump is acting in the best interest of her child and for that I applaud her and I have her back.

There are rumors that 11-year-old Barron Trump, the youngest of the President Elect's children is autistic or somewhere on the autism spectrum*. If that is true, then she is absolutely right to have him finish the year where he will be comfortable. Moving and changing schools mid-year is traumatic for kids who aren't on the spectrum. Melania knows her kid, and she has made this decision and I say good for her.

If the reason you are furious about the election is because of what it will do to the rights of women,  how dare you get in a snit about this! This is about a woman making decisions for her family. Melania has the right to move or not move when her husband gets a different job. She is opting not to, as it is best for her kid. It is her decision, to be discussed with her husband and her child and whoever is providing the security.

This is a distraction story, to distract us from the racists that are going to be on the cabinet. To distract us from the fact that Trump settled out-of-court a fraud case for $25 million.

It's going to be a long four years. Let's keep our eyes on the real issues, not Hamilton (though anyone who wants to get rid of their tickets--my email is right there!) or where Melania and Barron live.


* If Barron Trump is indeed autistic, that again is something we, as the American public do not need to know. Would it be good to know that the President understands so many parents of autistic kids? Yes. But again, it is between the child, the parents and the IEP plan at his school.




1 comment:

  1. I think you're spot on about a mother doing what's best for her kiddo. And that a family deserves some privacy on what a member of it may or may not be going through.

    I also agree that it's highly likely there has been a lot of "lookit here!" when really we should be looking over there.

    ReplyDelete